Hartzer Consulting provides SEO consulting services for businesses and individuals. As an SEO professional and SEO expert (having practiced SEO since 1996) Bill Hartzer has seen a lot of websites come and go. Some have been more successful than others. Why do some online businesses seem to just “pop up overnight”, have good ranking in Google, and become extremely successful, being found just about everywhere online? These businesses have only been around for a short period of time, they seem to be found everywhere online, but they do not offer better products or SEO Consulting services than you do.
What are your competitors doing that you are not doing?
Most likely they have an internet marketing plan, and that marketing plan includes several things, starting with SEO and social media marketing, as well as great content. If they’re not investing in proper SEO and content and ranking in Google, then they’re using paid methods to get traffic to their site.
- If you invest money into a great site and design and don’t include an internet marketing plan, then you will not see a great Return on Investment (ROI) from your website.
- Even the best website design will not bring visitors to your website.
- It’s the internet marketing and SEO that brings visitors to your website through search engine optimization and social media marketing.
1. Invest in Your Website, But Also Market It
We realize that you have invested a lot of money into great website design and web development. It’s now time to start appealing to your potential customers: those who are looking for the products and services that you offer.
2. Search for Your Company Name
Perhaps when you visit a search engine like Google and look for your company name, you already show up at the top of the list. So why would you want to show up in the results for something different than your company name? It’s all about the keywords that people use to find something.
Your potential customers that have not heard about your company are searching at their favorite search engine using a keyword or keyword phrase. If your URL shows up on the first page of the results for that keyword, and you sell what they are looking for, there is a good chance that they will come visit your webpage and learn about your company. You need to hire someone with years of SEO experience, someone like Hartzer Consulting, who provides consulting services.
What could being found in the Search engines do for my business?
Let’s take, for example, an local business that currently sells their merchandise at their local retail store in a local shopping mall. This is their only retail location. The shopping mall has a certain number of visitors every year, and even though this local business has a great location in the mall, there are only certain times of year when the shopping mall is very crowded.
The Need to Attract More Customers
How can this business attract even more customers? They already have a site where people can buy online, and a recent review of the sales showed that the site’s customers are mostly likely people who have visited their retail store in the shopping mall.
A local business decided to try SEO by themselves; they then hired an SEO competitor of mine when they discovered they weren’t getting the results they wanted. Ranking was not occurring or ranking in search was bringing in the wrong leads. By hiring someone like me to perform the SEO audit service on their current website, Bill Hartzer was able to find major issues with the site that prevented it from being indexed properly in search engine results pages. He performed what we recommend: performing a technical audit first and foremost to find the issues that only an audit can reveal.
After working with this local business and using marketing and optimization best practices, the business started selling thousands of dollars of sales every day on their URL. They eventually closed their local retail location at the shopping mall and relocated to a local warehouse, doing the majority of their business online.
Audit and the Ongoing SEO Services
After closing their local retail location at the mall, we continued to work with this business on an ongoing monthly basis. They had a certain marketing budget for their marketing, and we worked within that budget. SEO and online marketing isn’t something that you’re able to do once and forget about it. It’s an ongoing effort, building on the successes that the business has had already. For example, creating content such as blog posts and articles will help appeal to even more traffic, visitors, and potential customers.
SEO Consultant or an SEO Agency?
Before you make any decisions on hiring someone who provides SEO consulting services to help you with your marketing, you need to decide if you need to hire an SEO company or individual who provides consulting like myself or an SEO Agency. Do you want to deal with one person, the actual person doing the work (like I do)? Or, do you want to call someone at an agency, an account manager, talk to them, and have them relay the message to someone doing the work? There are pros and cons to hiring both. You may want to spend the time to read Bill Hartzer’s article called Should You Hire a Consultant or an SEO Agency? to help you make your decision.
Take Advantage of our SEO Consulting Service
We can provide you with a variety of marketing services. Whether your business needs more visitors and more sales overall, or whether you need a very specific part of the online marketing process such as a Search Engine Optimization Audit, Link Building, or even Social Media Account Setup and Management, we can handle it for you. Here are some of the website marketing services that we provide:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization Audit Services
- Online Reputation Management
- Linking Campaigns
- Social Media Account Management
Our SEO Consulting Services
Hartzer Consulting provides monthly SEO services as well as SEO audit services and SEO consulting services. This can be a one-time consultation, which usually results in an SEO audit with recommendations, or it starts with an SEO audit–and we work with you to get the results of the SEO audit implemented.
Hartzer Consulting offers SEO Consulting services. There are many reasons to hire an SEO Consultant rather than an SEO agency. Here are a few:
- SEO consultants rarely outsource work.
- While an agency might not be qualified to diagnose more complex issues, you can hire them. Most SEO experts are more knowledgeable and skilled than other types of SEOs, especially technical SEOs. They can actually do the work and are more skilled at diagnosing the real problems.
- For a small fee, SEO consultants are available. It is not necessary for an SEO consultant to be hired on a regular basis. It is possible to hire an SEO consultant even if you already have a team in place to review your SEO strategy and conduct a technical SEO audit.
- You can hire a consultant to review the work of your current SEO company. Are you happy with the results of your current SEO agency? Are you getting more traffic and sales? An expert can review your results, and also review the optimization efforts of SEO agencies as well as their link strategies.
- If they find a problem with your search engine optimization, they will inform you right away. The SEO Consultants will then offer you the opportunity to have the work done immediately, although they may want to be paid for it. Working with one person will make the whole process much simpler.
- Long-term contracts are not something that SEO consultants will often recommend to clients. An SEO agency will. The best SEO agencies will have honest, efficient and competent consultants. Before you hire them, it is in your best interests to make sure you know what to do. They are aware that you can leave if they do not deliver results. You can also go to another agency, or consultant. There are no excuses. They did the work or they didn’t.
On-Page SEO Consulting
Hartzer Consulting offers on-page SEO Consulting services. Once a website has enough trust (and Expertise and Authority, as in E-A-T), then pages may be ranking in the search engine results pages at the bottom of the first page, or even on the second, third, or higher pages. It’s the on-page SEO services that will get you to the top 5 of positions in the search engine results. Oftentimes there are small “tweaks” to a web page that can be made. Did you know that sometimes even embedding a video on the page (when you don’t have one and others that are ranking have one) can make a big difference in rankings? I’ve personally seen small tweaks or changes to a web page make a huge difference when it comes to positive changes in rankings.
On-Site SEO Consulting
Hartzer Consulting offers on-site SEO consulting services. On-site SEO means that you’re not just focused on optimizing one web page (which is on-page SEO). On-site SEO means that you’re optimizing the whole entire site, and making changes or updates to the page (that’s on-page SEO). In on-site SEO, which every website needs, you’re making changes that impact the whole entire site. For example, are the search engines able to crawl and find every page on the site? Does the site have orphaned pages? Does the site have an internal linking strategy? Is the site set up in a pyramid-type of site structure so that there are category pages and subcategory pages on the site? These are just some of the questions that Bill Hartzer of Hartzer Consulting reviews and fixes when reviewing the site and working on its on-page SEO.
1. Local SEO Consulting
Local SEO Consulting is a bit different than the typical on-page an on-site search engine optimization. There certainly is a strong need to optimize the website and do on-page and on-site SEO. However, a local business has other needs, such as adding local schema markup code on the website that exactly matches the Name, Address, and Phone Number (NAP) that appears everywhere else on the web. Bill Hartzer of Hartzer Consulting was previously the Senior Vice President at Advice Interactive, a division of Advice Local. So, he knows local SEO, has active local clients that are small businesses providing services in their local area. So, Hartzer Consulting knows Local SEO.
2. SEO Audits
After performing literally thousands of SEO audits of websites since the mid 2000s, Bill Hartzer of Hartzer Consulting has learned a lot when it comes to SEO audits. What exactly is a Search Engine Optimization Audit, which we also call a comprehensive technical review of your website? Or an SEO Audit? This is when a highly experienced SEO expert, such as myself, spends time looking at every single part of your website. They look at your website with a critical eye–spotting for any “issues” that may be prohibiting your website from ranking well in the search engines. Just like an accountant performs an review of your finances, a highly experienced SEO expert like myself can perform a technical review of your website and your overall online presence, an SEO audit service.
3. Link Audits
Links from other websites to your website are a critical part of the search engines’ algorithms. In order to compete with your online competitors, you need on-page and on-site SEO, but you need links from other websites. But not only do you need links, you need the right links. Links that are quality links, but links that are also on-topic and relevant. Hartzer Consulting provides link audits of websites, which is an in-depth look at all of the links that are pointing to your website from other websites. It’s possible that your website has links but just not the right links–or the links are over-optimized, causing search engine ranking issues with your website. You can’t fully optimize your website and expect great search engine rankings if you link issues. Let’s do a link audit and make sure that the links aren’t holding your website from ranking better.
Contact us right now and let’s talk about not only bringing visitors, but bring the RIGHT visitors to your site, people who are looking for exactly the products or services that you sell. We can help you see a great ROI from your web page.
What is SEO Consulting?
SEO consulting is the process whereby a search engine optimization expert optimizes a website to achieve higher rankings. An SEO consultant will analyze your website, identifying what is working and what isn’t and will recommend changes and tactics to improve your online presence. Once you’ve identified these areas for improvement, your SEO consultant will work with your marketing and web development departments to make sure your website’s content adheres to the latest SEO best practices.
The process of SEO involves constantly monitoring and modifying the content of your website to boost its search engine visibility. A good SEO consulting agency can help you with both on-site and offline optimization. A high quality SEO design agency will understand your goals for your website and implement the best strategies to achieve them. The consultant will manage the website’s content, links, and user experience. They will optimize your website for search engines and also analyze your website’s analytics to make sure your marketing efforts are reaching your goals.
SEO consultants will determine what keywords your target market searches for. The consultants will then shortlist the most relevant keywords and work towards ranking for them. They’ll use the keyword difficulty and search volume to determine how difficult they are to rank for. The goal is to rank for as many keywords possible and increase your site’s visibility. It is unrealistic to expect a single person to manage all of this. It is better to hire more than one person to manage your SEO.
The best SEO consultants won’t promise a position one ranking. They must have a clear strategy and be able to understand all aspects of SEO. They should also focus on low-lift recommendations that will have a high impact on your site’s performance. An excellent SEO consulting agency will be able to demonstrate a history of success and demonstrate their ability to make your website rank for targeted keywords. They should also be able to share case studies or success stories about SEO that will help you decide which SEO techniques are best for your business.
SEO consultants help businesses gain a competitive edge by analyzing websites, incoming hyperlinks, and search engine results. Then, they provide expert advice, recommendations, and actionable tasks that result in more qualified leads and natural search engine traffic. As a result, you’ll see a higher number of website clicks – which is the ultimate goal of any consultant. Use a template if you are looking to hire an SEO consultant.
How Can You Choose the Right SEO Consultant?
When selecting an SEO consultant, there are many different factors to consider. The best SEO consultants have an upward trend in terms of organic traffic. Their success should be backed up by data, so be sure to ask for it when you meet with a consultant. However, it is important to understand that SEO is a long-term process and few businesses see huge gains in organic traffic within the first few months. As such, you should choose the consultant with whom you are most comfortable.
A great SEO consultant should be familiar with the basics of SEO, starting with keyword research. The right keywords can mean the difference between success and failure when it comes to search engine visibility. Keyword research differs from consultant to consultant, so be sure to ask about their approach and why they choose certain keywords. Another thing to look for is their knowledge of NLP, or natural language processing. Keyword variants, or other objects, can help search engines understand what is on a web page.
SEO consultants need to understand the intricacies of search engines. Google’s goal is to produce the most relevant results for its users. To rank well for specific keywords, your SEO consultant needs to understand the various components of an effective campaign. These include technical SEO, keyword research, and data analysis. Other aspects to consider are on-page and mobile usability. A good SEO consultant must be able to master all of these areas. It is unrealistic to expect one person to be able to handle everything for your website.
An SEO consultant should understand that every company’s needs are different and require a customized strategy. While some templates work, others do not. A great SEO consultant will be able to explain the importance of SEO to a company’s executives and show them how it can help their business. This is essential for the long-term success of your company. It is also crucial to understand that SEO is an ever-changing industry. As such, search engines change their algorithms constantly and this is why you need to stay on top of the latest developments.
A good SEO consultant is a problem-solver who can understand the brand voice and long-term business goals of a client. He can help your website achieve top rankings for relevant keywords and improve your authority. He can also create a case study to demonstrate the effectiveness of his work. The key to being an SEO consultant is to have a varied skill set and a lot of experience. Then, you will be ready to take on the challenge of building a strong online presence.
An SEO consultant can help you build a stellar SEO campaign by analyzing online trends and best practices. They will provide actionable recommendations and strategies to help your site get to the top of Google’s search engines. He will analyze the data and make recommendations that are tailored to the specific needs of your business. Your SEO consultant will share this expertise with you so you can reap the benefits of SEO. And while he may be costly, it is well worth the investment.
How SEO Consulting Services Can Help Your Business
You’ve found the right place if you’re interested in SEO consulting services. The best SEO consultants work for top-notch agencies. They know what works and have countless results to show for it. The best way to get great advice is to contact a top agency, and ask for a detailed SEO strategy. Neil Patel, one of the world’s most popular SEO experts, offers some great tips. Below are some things to consider before hiring a SEO consultant.
o Your consultant should have extensive knowledge of SEO and know how to make it work for your business. Moreover, a skilled SEO consultant knows that each client has a unique set of requirements, so he or she will tailor a strategy to suit that specific company. SEO consulting services may cost more if you want a complete revamp of your website, new content, branding, and skilled link building. But the benefits of hiring an expert are well worth the price.
SEO consulting services can help increase organic traffic. Users trust organic rankings in search engines. The consultant will review your website and recommend solutions to increase your online visibility and sales. To increase conversions and improve user experience, they can also make sure that your website is mobile-friendly. An excellent SEO consultant will also be able help you with your online analysis, which provides valuable information about how people found your website.
An SEO consultant can help with the structure of your website. A good site structure is essential to support listings and get crawled by search engines. If your site has duplicate content and design SEO issues, you should hire a consultant to fix those problems for you. If you’re not sure how to optimize headers, they’ll help you do so. Site speed is another important tip. Most people are impatient, and they don’t want to wait around for pages to load.
SEO consultants will analyze your website’s keyword rankings and domain authority to identify where to improve. They will also help you optimize your main pages. A consultant will also help you find new keywords to target. These consultants are experts in organic traffic, so they’re invaluable for helping your business reach the top. They can even give you a second opinion. If you want to increase your organic traffic, an SEO consultant will help you with the entire process.
SEO consultants are an integral part of any redesign project. SEO consultants can ensure that every single decision made will benefit your website’s SEO. Sometimes the redesign team may overlook important aspects. The consultant can handle the 301 redirect process, make recommendations, and assist with any other issues. With an SEO consultant on your team, you can be assured of a high-ranking website. If you’re interested in SEO consulting services, make sure to contact a consultant today!
How Much Should You Pay For SEO Services?
Your rankings are influenced by the content of your web pages. Google tracks visitor metrics such as click-through and bounce rates as well as keywords. Fortunately, there are many ways to improve your on-page content and rank higher on search engines. You must offer value to your visitors in order to improve your rankings. Listing services alone is not enough. To attract attention, your content must include rich media and describe benefits.
An SEO company specializes in both on-page and offline optimization, but they also have technical SEO expertise. In order to achieve the highest rankings in the search engines, you must implement on-page, off-page, and technical SEO. Many companies choose a full-service plan that includes both on-page and offline SEO. These plans help you optimize your website across all platforms and offer an all-in-one solution for your website. If you’re in a competitive industry, it’s wise to seek professional SEO services.
SEO campaigns need high-quality content. It will establish your website as an authority on your topic, driving organic traffic and increasing rankings. Content strategy is often based on keyword analysis, and content gap analysis. The results of both provide a roadmap to achieve higher rankings. Optimizing existing content for search engines includes optimizing titles, adding targeted keywords in body copy, and using images that are engaging. Your website layout may need to be optimized in order to make it more user-friendly.
SEO firms charge on a monthly basis for ongoing services. On-site SEO can be paid for crawling a site, analyzing code, and targeting keywords. Site speed, mobile responsiveness, design, and other aspects of SEO are all important. If you require ongoing SEO services, you should also consider the cost of a full-service package. Once you’ve chosen the best SEO firm, the next step is to decide how much to pay for their services. Consultation with a professional is an option if you aren’t sure if you want to invest in full-service SEO packages.
SEO services can be based on many methods to increase a website’s visibility in search engines and rank higher in search engines. The most obvious aspects of SEO are link building and page optimization. The SEO industry categorizes its services into two types: “White-hat” and “Black-hat” methods. White-hat services focus on content creation and pay close attention to the webmaster guidelines of Google. Black hat SEO will, however, do whatever it takes in order to get higher rankings.
You may be experiencing a number of negative reviews about your products and services, which can affect the credibility of your business. Hiring a professional SEO company can help you reposition your business and increase traffic to your website. The right set-up and code can also make a big difference. You should work with an SEO company that has experience in digital marketing and search engine optimization. Your SEO firm will explain all of these factors and help you achieve your goals.
Qualified Visitors Mean More Sales and More ROI
Not only do you have to have a website that is functional for your website visitors, you need to use the latest SEO services to drive qualified visitors to your site. Qualified visitors are truly interested in what you sell and the services you provide, they will stay longer on your website, and even come back again and again. Using the proper organic/natural SEO techniques and the services of a qualified SEO Consultant will help drive those visitors to your website: those visitors who end up becoming your best customers.
How Can SEO Consultants Drive More Qualified Visitors for Less Money?
Whether your business needs more visitors and more sales overall, or whether you need a very specific part of website promotion and website marketing such as an SEO Audit, Link Building (link earning), and even Social Media Account Setup and Management, Hartzer Consulting can handle it for you.
Here are some of the website promotion services that we provide, as SEO Consultants providing SEO consulting:
- Search Engine Optimization Services
- SEO Audits
- Online Reputation Management
- Link Building and Linking Campaigns
- View All of Our Services
If you are looking for more information about SEO and how it can help you expand your business online, and you already have a website, you may want to start reading Bill Hartzer’s SEO tips, which will help you understand some of the changes involved that may be needed on your website that makes it more search engine friendly.
Should You Hire an SEO Consultant or an SEO Agency?
SEO, Search Engine Optimization, isn’t dead. SEO, which is optimizing your website to search engines and general search, is still alive and well. However, it has become more difficult over the years. Perhaps that is why so many people claim that SEO has died. The technical SEO with all the changes, requirements and updates and issues such as mobile friendliness and responsive design, AMP and page load speed has made it a complicated web that is becoming more difficult to navigate. Do you need an SEO Agency or a SEO Consultant?
I have been practicing natural and organic SEO since mid-90s and have held various managerial-type positions in SEO over the years. After running an SEO agency for some time, I can tell that a technical SEO expert is essential to help you decide where to focus your efforts and which issues are most important to your business. You need to be aware of which issues are important and which can be ignored or postponed. This information can be gathered from an SEO Agency, or an SEO Consultant. You will ultimately have to make the decision:
To navigate these technical SEO waters, should I hire an SEO consultant or an SEO Agency?
Are you looking for a SEO consultant? Should you go with an SEO agency? Each has its advantages and disadvantages. Let me explain both the positives as well as the negatives, and why you may need to hire one or both.
SEO Consultants Versus SEO Agencies
What is the difference between an SEO agency and a SEO consultant? The difference between them is usually the number of people they work with. You know who you are dealing with when you hire an SEO consultant. They will be the ones who do the actual work and provide consulting. An SEO agency will typically have a sales representative, but they are not the ones doing the actual work.
This is the person who does the actual work for your account. First, you will deal with them in a sales-like manner. Then, you will talk to them directly on a regular basis about updates. Due to time constraints, SEO consultants tend to work with a smaller number of accounts. Although they may be more costly, they are worth it if you retain them to manage your account on a monthly schedule.
The sales person you deal with is not the one who does the actual work for your account. Typically, you will be assigned an account manager (not necessarily the one doing the actual work). You will usually speak to this person on a weekly, or monthly basis. They’ll help you understand what’s happening with your account. Many agencies, both large and small, don’t talk to their actual employees. They are too busy optimizing many websites daily, working on multiple accounts. Although they might be more expensive in the long-term, SEO Agencies are likely to have many accounts.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of working with a SEO Consultant or working with an SEO Agency.
SEO Consultant Positives
An SEO consultant can be a positive hire. Here are some positives I can think of.
- An SEO Consultant may be the best option for you if your business is small or has a very few pages. You know who to contact if you have any questions or want to make changes to your website.
- SEO consultants rarely outsource work to other people.
- An agency may not be able to diagnose more complicated issues, but you can hire them. The majority of SEO consultants have more knowledge and are often more skilled than other types, particularly technical SEOs. They are hands-on and can do the actual work, which allows them to have greater experience in diagnosing the true problems.
- SEO Consultants are available to provide services for a nominal fee. An SEO Consultant is not necessary to be hired on an ongoing basis. Even if your SEO team is already in place, it’s possible to hire an SEO consultant to review your current SEO strategy, conduct a technical SEO audit, or assist with site redesign.
- To review the work of your current SEO agency, you can hire a consultant. Are you satisfied with the results your current SEO agency provides? Are you achieving more sales and traffic? An expert can review your results and review the optimization efforts of your SEO agency, as well as their link strategy.
- If SEO Consultants find a problem, they will tell you immediately. They’ll then give you the option to have the work completed immediately (as they will typically want to be paid for the work). The whole process will be much easier if you work with just one person.
- SEO consultants won’t typically make you sign long-term contracts. An SEO agency will. The best consultants will be efficient, honest and do the job. It is in your best interest to ensure that you understand what you need to do before you hire them. They know that you will leave if they don’t deliver results and you go to another agency or consultant. There are no excuses. They did the work, or they didn’t.
SEO Consultant Negatives
There are some negatives to working directly with an SEO Consultant. You might also want to avoid hiring an SEO Consultant. These are the main negatives I can think of.
- SEO consultants typically have a specific area of expertise in search engine marketing or website marketing. They may be able to specialize in SEO audits and Paid Search issues (with more expertise in paid search issues than web server or content issues). They may not be able to diagnose the problem if it is related to website marketing. They might be too eager to fix your problem and not have enough knowledge to refer you.
- The cost of hiring a true SEO expert on a one-time basis can be more than the fees you would pay an agency.
SEO Agency Positives
An SEO Agency can be a good choice. Here are some positives I can think of.
- An SEO agency that does ongoing monthly work is cheaper than hiring one. Spread the cost over several months, or for the entire term of an SEO contract.
- SEO is not the only factor that can impact your website’s traffic or sales. To be successful, there are many moving parts. These include SEO, web design and paid search. You will need to have a team of people working together if you have a large website (over 50 pages), or are in a competitive field.
- An SEO Agency can make it easier to manage a website that is larger or more frequently updated. A single agency can handle all aspects of content updates, social media updates and paid search management.
- An agency can provide one point of contact. You can contact your account manager if there is a problem. You can call your account manager to report any issues.
- An agency is a better option for maintaining your website and optimizing it for promotion. An agency can also handle larger projects such as a website migration to new CMS or an update to the site’s design. It is possible to hire an independent SEO consultant or have someone on staff who can manage the project.
- An agency relationship can last a lifetime. Although some employees may leave, it is possible to find the right agency. Agencies often have long-term employees who will be responsible for your account. They are familiar with your requirements and know that they can help you grow your sales and traffic. Make sure they are aware of that.
SEO Agency Negatives
There are many negative aspects to working with an SEO Agency. Some people swear they will never use another SEO Agency again. These are the main negatives I can think of.
- SEO Agencies often outsource work to other companies.
- People who talk to you initially (such as salespeople) may not be the ones actually doing the work.
- Sometimes it takes longer to achieve results. Most agencies only work a set number of hours per month. After they reach that limit, they put off the work for another month until they have more time. Let’s suppose that your site is losing visitors every day and there’s an issue. You’re losing sales. You need to fix or optimize a lot more pages on your website. This might require 10 hours of work. The agency will charge you for 10 hours per month. The agency employees will work the 10 hour work period at the beginning of each month. After that, they will put off the rest for a few weeks to make up the time until the next month. An agency can handle the optimization or fix if it takes more than 30 hours. This will take three months. This is standard operating procedure for agencies. Better agencies will identify the problem and give you an estimate of the time it will take. This will allow you to decide whether you want to have the work completed immediately or spread out over several months. However, this is not always the case.
- SEO Agency employees, and agencies generally, don’t have any incentive to start work immediately. They can stretch the work out over months if they charge a monthly fee. But, you still get the same amount. Consultants are different.
- Agents hire salespeople and account managers. Most account managers have only one to two years of industry experience, which is a plus in these times. A marketing degree is required to be hired as an account manager. They are not SEO experts. You can ask questions to another expert. There is a delay. This is the way agencies are set up, which is inefficient.
- SEO is not the only factor that can impact your website’s traffic or sales. To be successful, there are many moving parts. These include SEO, web design and paid search. All of the moving parts in an agency need to know what’s happening with your account. You won’t get the best results if the agency doesn’t involve all the people involved in the meeting and discuss your needs.
- People are hired by agencies right out of college. These are often hourly workers and their first job after college. Some do extremely well and move up quickly in the organization. After gaining experience, some will be offered higher salaries and will then leave the agency for $10,000 more per year. This is a common occurrence. I’m aware of many agencies with high turnover rates for account managers. They don’t have to turnover high, but it is not their fault.
- Most agencies will require you to sign a contract for at most 6 months or one year. Why? They need to work for you for a few months. In the first month, the account manager will be getting to know you and the SEO experts from the agency will analyze the website and make recommendations to implement them. Next, you will be implementing those changes over the next few months. This process can take up to 4 months. It’s something I’ve witnessed, and I can confirm that it’s possible. I’ve also instructed my employees to do the same. We are only allowed to work on your account 10 hours per month due to the contract or the amount you pay the agency each month. For example, 20 hours per month. These hours are not enough to do the amount of work required. You can’t help but drag it out when working for an agency. Although we could alert you, client, I can assure you that you don’t want to hear that we require more work and that you have to pay us more. It’s not always been positive in the cases I have handled. Therefore, agencies will not tell you the client. It is a waste of time.
You can see that there are many reasons why an SEO consultant should be hired and also why an SEO agency should be hired. Both of these situations have been a part of my life, so I can understand the pros and cons. I have been an in-house, a manager, an expert in SEO and even a director of a digital marketing agency.
Why Use SEO Services?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of improving the visibility and ranking of a website on search engines like Google. By using SEO services, businesses can increase their online presence and attract more qualified traffic to their website. This can lead to more leads and sales, and ultimately, help the business grow and succeed. SEO services can help improve a website’s ranking on search engines by using techniques like keyword research and optimization, link building, and on-page optimization. These techniques can help improve the website’s visibility and make it easier for search engines to understand the website’s content, leading to higher rankings and more organic traffic.
Search Engine Optimization Can Be Confusing
Website Marketing, Ongoing SEO, SEO consulting, and Online Reputation Management can be confusing. Talk to someone like Bill Hartzer of Hartzer Consulting, LLC about visibility in Google, someone who provides SEO consulting services. He has over 20 years of marketing experience who can steer you in the right direction, not just someone who is going to try to “sell you” webpage marketing marketing or website marketing services. Your brand needs to have good online visibility, especially for a company in your industry.
Creative Services and Online Marketing
Creative services, such as content creation (such as creating written articles, images and photos, and video) are an important part of the overall visibility for your business. A Search engine such as Google look must see and crawl content: without it, you can’t tell your story, you can’t appeal to your visitors and potential customers. Back in the 1990s and early 2000s, SEO was about the text and written word. But now, a search engine understands so much more than just text: they understand much more than you’d think, and without the creative that’s need to rank well, your company’s visibility not be ideal. Hartzer Consulting provides not only writing and photography services as a part of our ongoing services, we can work with your team to enhance the visibility and meet your website’s goals.
Work with a Long-Term Marketing Partner
Work with and hire a long-term marketing partner that will be just that: someone who will, at first, perform a technical audit of your website and online marketing activities. Initially, a technical SEO audit is needed to determine where your website and URLs are performing best: and where improvements can be made. With the technical fixes and updates complete, a long-term partner, such as Hartzer Consulting will work with you on an ongoing basis to meet your goals: goals determined when we first discuss your business. Ongoing, those goals are adjusted as needed.
We are happy to provide you with no obligation price quote for consulting, with an emphasis on Website Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, or Online Reputation Management services.