Domain name expert witnesses are professionals who provide testimony in legal cases concerning the rights and responsibilities of domain name owners. A domain name expert witness, such as Bill Hartzer, has specialized knowledge of the legal, technical, and historical aspects of domain names, as well as an understanding of how the law has been applied in the past. Mr. Hartzer is often called upon to provide his expertise in legal cases involving domain names. As such, a domain name expert witness such as Bill Hartzer can play a key role in resolving domain name legal issues.
An expert witness is a professional who has a specialized knowledge of a particular subject, and who is called upon to provide testimony in a legal case. Expert witnesses are expected to have a deep understanding of the topic they are testifying on, and they must be able to explain their knowledge in a clear and concise manner. In cases involving domain names, expert witnesses are expected to have a thorough understanding of the legal, technical, and historical aspects of domain names. Bill Hartzer is highly qualified to provide expert testimony and expert witness regarding domain names because of his expertise in the domain name industry. He previously ran a domain name background check service called Verified Domains, has developed the algorithm behind DNP Score, a ‘risk score’ of domain names, and has personally dealt with hundreds of stolen domain name cases in the past few years.
Bill Hartzer – Domain Name Expert Witness
Bill Hartzer Expert Witness: Recent Legal Cases
The following are a just a few of the recent legal cases where Bill Hartzer has been retained as a witness. A full list is available upon request.
- Product Manufacturer, Intellectual Property Report. Hired by an Orlando, Florida based Law Firm to research and provide my opinions in the form of an expert report related to internet search engine results and archived internet web pages. June 2022.
- Bob Agahi and Valley East Properties, LLC v. Kevin Richard Kelly and Krista Kelly, Case CV2021-009873, Arizona Superior Court, Maricopa County. Retained as an expert witness by the Defendants, April 2022. Prepared and expert witness report.
- Todd Graves Golf School, LLC v. Kirk Alan Junge, D/B/A Single Plane Golf Schools, Civil Action No. 9:21-cv-80793-AMC, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, West Palm Beach Division – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff, January 2022. Prepared an expert witness report and supplemental report, deposed March 2022.
- O’Connor Enterprise Group, Inc., DBA EPC Group, v. Kaiser Group Ventures, LLC and Aaron Kaiser, No. 2020-71475, District Court of Harris County Texas, 164th Judicial District – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff, May 2021. Prepared an expert witness report, October 2021.
- Soter Technologies, LLC v IP Video Corporation, A+ Technology & Security, Inc., & Advance Convergence Group, Inc., Civil Action No. 20-cv-05007-LJL, United States District Court For The Southern District of New York – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff. May 2021.
- Paid Search Engine Tools, LLC v. Google Canada Corporation, Google LLC, and Alphabet Inc., Docket Number T-40-18, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (Federal Court) – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff, December 2020.
- St George Executive Shuttle, Inc. v. Western Trails Charters & Tours LLC, d/b/a Salt Lake Express, Civil Action No. 2:17-cv-00900-BCW, United States District Court for the District of Utah Central Division – Retained as an expert witness. Prepared an expert witness report.
- Schilling v. Schilling, Cause Number FAM 227 of 2017, Grand Court of the Cayman Islands – Retained as an expert witness. Prepared an expert witness affidavit, testified in the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands.
- John Hart v. Michael Galantino, John Walker – Case Number 1106, Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County – Civil Division – Retained as a witness. Prepared a report.
- Opportune, LLP v Oportun, Inc. and Oportun, LLC – Case Number 4:18-CV-7, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division – Retained as a witness. Prepared a report, provided rebuttal report, deposed.
- A.B. Cernelle v. Graminex, LLC and Cynthia May – Case Number 03-10291 – Prepared an expert report, testified in Federal District Court, Detroit, in April 2019 as an expert. Retained by the Plaintiff, A.B. Cernelle.
- XYZ Media, Inc. v. Mark Maris, Adam Alfia, Michael Terrell, and Lead Crank, LLC – Civil Action No. 3:17-cv-00854-B – Retained as a witness in this search engine optimization and lead generation case.
- Christopher Hamilton v. Summa Consulting – Case 37-2014-00011235-CU-FR-CTL – Retained as a Search Engine Optimization and Domain Name witness.
- Brightedge Technologies, Inc. V. Searchmetrics GMBH and Searchmetrics, Inc. – Case 3:14-cv-01009 WHO – Retained as a witness.
Domain names are unique addresses that identify a website on the internet. Domain names can be used to identify a website or to direct users to it. Domain names are not identical to trademarks or copyrights but are still subject to the same legal protections. Disputes over certain domain names could lead to legal action.
Domain Name Experience
Domain name expert witnesses should have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of domain names, including the technical and historical aspects. They should be able explain both the legal implications of domain names registration and transfer as well as technical aspects of domain resolution. They must also have an in-depth knowledge of the history and law of domain name disputes. As previously mentioned, Bill Hartzer previously ran a domain name background check service called Verified Domains, and developed the algorithm behind DNP Score at DNProtect. He personally has been involved with the recovery of hundreds of stolen domain names. It would be difficult to find someone who is more qualified and knowledgeable on issues related to domain name background checks and stolen domain names.
In cases involving domain names legal issues, domain name expert witnesses can often be called upon to testify. Their expertise may be used in cases that involve the the registration of domain names, or issues related to cyber squatting or trademark infringement, as well as “bad faith” use of a domain name. Domain name experts witnesses can also be called to offer advice on the best way forward in certain situations.
An Expert in Domain Names and Related Legal Issues
An expert witness related to domain names is someone who has extensive knowledge and experience in domain names and legal issues related Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Bill Hartzer has extensive knowledge in these areas and can provide reliable guidance for both individuals and businesses who need help in understanding how to protect their online assets, how to build a strong domain name, and how to implement an SEO strategy.
As a domain name expert and SEO expert, Mr. Hartzer is the perfect person to provide you with his professional opinion as an expert witness. For a detailed resume or CV, as well as the industries and topics Mr. Hartzer has provided services in, please contact him. Or, if you prefer, send an email: Hello @ Hartzer.com.