Bill Hartzer – Cybersquatting Expert Witness
Bill Hartzer Expert Witness: Recent Legal Cases
The following are a just a few of the recent legal cases where Bill Hartzer has been retained as a witness. A full list is available upon request.
- Product Manufacturer, Intellectual Property Report. Hired by an Orlando, Florida based Law Firm to research and provide my opinions in the form of an expert report related to internet search engine results and archived internet web pages. June 2022.
- Bob Agahi and Valley East Properties, LLC v. Kevin Richard Kelly and Krista Kelly, Case CV2021-009873, Arizona Superior Court, Maricopa County. Retained as an expert witness by the Defendants, April 2022. Prepared and expert witness report.
- Todd Graves Golf School, LLC v. Kirk Alan Junge, D/B/A Single Plane Golf Schools, Civil Action No. 9:21-cv-80793-AMC, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, West Palm Beach Division – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff, January 2022. Prepared an expert witness report and supplemental report, deposed March 2022.
- O’Connor Enterprise Group, Inc., DBA EPC Group, v. Kaiser Group Ventures, LLC and Aaron Kaiser, No. 2020-71475, District Court of Harris County Texas, 164th Judicial District – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff, May 2021. Prepared an expert witness report, October 2021.
- Soter Technologies, LLC v IP Video Corporation, A+ Technology & Security, Inc., & Advance Convergence Group, Inc., Civil Action No. 20-cv-05007-LJL, United States District Court For The Southern District of New York – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff. May 2021.
- Paid Search Engine Tools, LLC v. Google Canada Corporation, Google LLC, and Alphabet Inc., Docket Number T-40-18, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (Federal Court) – Retained as an expert witness by the Plaintiff, December 2020.
- St George Executive Shuttle, Inc. v. Western Trails Charters & Tours LLC, d/b/a Salt Lake Express, Civil Action No. 2:17-cv-00900-BCW, United States District Court for the District of Utah Central Division – Retained as an expert witness. Prepared an expert witness report.
- Schilling v. Schilling, Cause Number FAM 227 of 2017, Grand Court of the Cayman Islands – Retained as an expert witness. Prepared an expert witness affidavit, testified in the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands.
- John Hart v. Michael Galantino, John Walker – Case Number 1106, Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County – Civil Division – Retained as a witness. Prepared a report.
- Opportune, LLP v Oportun, Inc. and Oportun, LLC – Case Number 4:18-CV-7, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division – Retained as a witness. Prepared a report, provided rebuttal report, deposed.
- A.B. Cernelle v. Graminex, LLC and Cynthia May – Case Number 03-10291 – Prepared an expert report, testified in Federal District Court, Detroit, in April 2019 as an expert. Retained by the Plaintiff, A.B. Cernelle.
- XYZ Media, Inc. v. Mark Maris, Adam Alfia, Michael Terrell, and Lead Crank, LLC – Civil Action No. 3:17-cv-00854-B – Retained as a witness in this search engine optimization and lead generation case.
- Christopher Hamilton v. Summa Consulting – Case 37-2014-00011235-CU-FR-CTL – Retained as a Search Engine Optimization and Domain Name witness.
- Brightedge Technologies, Inc. V. Searchmetrics GMBH and Searchmetrics, Inc. – Case 3:14-cv-01009 WHO – Retained as a witness.
As the internet continues to shape our daily lives, the rise of cybersquatting poses a significant challenge to individuals and businesses alike. Cybersquatting involves the registration of domain names with the intention of profiting from the goodwill associated with someone else’s trademark. In the legal battle against cybersquatting, expert witnesses with a deep understanding of internet technology and infringement issues play a pivotal role. Let’s explore Bill Hartzer’s role and the typical role of a Cybersquatting Expert Witness, their expertise in the realm of technology and infringement, and the impact they have on protecting intellectual property in the digital age.
Expert Witness: Masters of Technology and Infringement
An expert witness specializing in cybersquatting possesses a unique blend of technological expertise and knowledge of intellectual property laws. They have a deep understanding of the intricacies of cybersquatting, trademark infringement, and the internet landscape. With their extensive knowledge of technology and internet marketing practices, they can provide crucial insights into cases involving domain name disputes, infringement issues, and online brand protection strategies.
Witnesses: Unearthing Data and Expertise
Expert witnesses are the linchpins of legal proceedings, bringing forth valuable data and expertise to support their clients’ cases. In cybersquatting cases, expert witnesses delve into the intricacies of internet technology and the damages caused by infringement. They analyze domain name registrations, website content, and online marketing practices to establish a connection between the defendant’s actions and the infringement of intellectual property rights. Their testimony can make a substantial impact in court, shedding light on complex internet-related issues and providing valuable evidence.
Cases: Litigation and the Role of an Expert Witness
Cybersquatting cases often involve intricate legal disputes related to trademark infringement and online brand protection. Expert witnesses specializing in cybersquatting play a critical role in these litigation proceedings. They provide in-depth analysis and testimony on the technical aspects of the case, highlighting the defendant’s intentional misuse of domain names and the harm caused to the plaintiff’s brand. With their expertise in internet technologies and the legal landscape, they contribute to the successful resolution of cybersquatting disputes.
Internet: Expert Witnesses in the Realm of Marketing and Technology
As the internet continues to evolve, so do the strategies and technologies employed by cybersquatters. Expert witnesses specializing in cybersquatting possess a deep understanding of internet marketing practices, emerging technologies, and domain name management. They can identify the loopholes exploited by cybersquatters, uncover hidden connections, and offer strategies for preventing future infringements. By leveraging their expertise in the realm of marketing and technology, they help businesses protect their online identities and safeguard their intellectual property.
The rise of cybersquatting poses significant challenges to intellectual property owners in the digital age. However, the presence of expert witnesses specializing in cybersquatting provides a ray of hope. With their expertise in technology, infringement issues, and internet marketing practices, these professionals play a crucial role in protecting intellectual property rights. By uncovering data, providing expert testimony, and navigating the complexities of cybersquatting cases, they contribute to the successful resolution of disputes and the preservation of online brand integrity.