Hartzer Consulting is owned and operated by CEO Bill Hartzer, who has been practicing organic and natural search engine optimization since 1996. Bill Hartzer’s enthusiasm for search engine optimization, his experience, and his passion for everything related to websites is apparent in his consulting work.
Who is Bill Hartzer?
Bill Hartzer is an SEO Consultant, and a successful website and SEO expert, having practiced search engine optimization and website marketing since 1996. Here are some highlights:
- Former International Webmaster, Technical Writer, Coder: I have the technical website experience, with both content and on-site (on-page) issues that websites deal with every day.
- Former SEO Specialist, SEO Manager, SEO Director, Senior SEO, Senior Vice President: I have personally worked through the ranks, so to speak, performing every type of SEO-related job in the industry. I’ve written content and meta data (like title tags, etc.), run SEO departments, and even run a Digital Marketing agency.
- Domain Name and New gTLD Domain Name Expert: I’ve bought, sold, and consulted on hundreds of domain name sales over the years. I’ve valued domain names. I’ve studied, researched, and published industry-leading domain name research about search engine marketing and the New gTLD domain names.
- Other SEO Firms Come to Me: When other SEO firms, SEO agencies, and SEO consultants run into SEO-related issues, problems, and just can’t figure out something, they come to me for help. Perhaps they can’t figure out a search engine penalty, need an audit of client’s website, or want me to analyze a website’s log files. Other SEO companies hire me to help them.
- Founder of the Dallas/Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing Association: In 2004, I founded DFWSEM in Dallas. Learn more about from my article about the Dallas SEO history. DFWSEM is seen as the original “local” industry organization that started it all. Many other organizations nationwide are modeled after DFWSEM.
- Frequent Speaker on SEO and Domain Name topics: I speak at industry conferences, oftentimes teaching my peers about SEO, domain names, industry best practices, and help them improve their SEO skill-set.
Together, with his extensive Website Marketing, SEO, Content Marketing, and Social Media Marketing and SEO Consulting experience, Hartzer Consulting can help you deliver the ROI for your dollar. When many have only been in the industry for a few years, I’ve been doing this since 1996. Back in the 1990s, Bill optimized websites for better search rankings in Altavista.com and the Excite.com search engines, as well as MSN back in the 1990s. Now, he focuses on Google, but also for Bing, as well.
Mr. Hartzer has seen websites come and go over the years. There are many that started back in the mid-1990s. He’s watched them grow to multi-million dollar businesses. And even more that he’s helped over the years. He knows what works and what doesn’t.
How I’ve Helped My Clients, How I Can Help You
Take a look at how I have helped my clients in the past:
- Increased online sales for an eCommerce retailer from $5.6 million to $16.9 million within 12 months directly from organic search.
- Reduced a clients annual paid search spend from $180,000 per year to less than $2,000 per year while increasing traffic and conversions with better organic rankings.
- Increased newsletter subscribers for ecommerce retailer from 2,000 to 50,000 and increased sales from $1.2 million to over $3 million within 12 months.
- Increased sales of small startup ecommerce retailer with 100 products from $0 to $10,000 per month within 6 months.
- Designed and implemented social media marketing strategy in Real Estate industry to help nationwide home builder find new clients resulting in seven figure revenue increase.
- Designed and implemented internet marketing strategy which has given law firm national exposure resulting in millions of dollars in new revenue for the law firm.
- Grew internet lead generation company from 0 to $2.6 million in revenues in 3 years.
- Consistently achieved top 10 search engine rankings for clients in highly competitive markets.
“When it comes to getting noticed on the web, if someone loves it, hates it, think it’s funny, or the content you create is controversial, then most likely they will link to it. Links are good for websites.” – Bill Hartzer.
More from Bill Hartzer, in his own words
“I’m a successful writer and website marketing expert who has personally created hundreds of websites over the years. I created my first website back in 1996 to help promote my former database software business. It was then when I began to learn about the power of the internet and internet search engines and web search, which helped potential customers find my business online.
I have over 20 years of professional writing experience–content is important. I’m proud to say that I’ve survived stints as a writer for television, as well as a technical writer for several computer software companies in Florida and in Texas. I combine my writing and online skills to create compelling and useful websites for corporations worldwide. While my first few years as a professional SEO concentrated on business to business SEO and B2B websites, the past 10 years I have focused my search engine optimization skills to consumer-based websites.”
Bill Hartzer with Duane Forrester, formerly of Bing.
“I spend a lot of time searching on the internet as well as optimizing websites. I realize that this industry is constantly changing because what’s acceptable optimization yesterday is not acceptable today. Sometimes it’s extremely difficult and frustrating just to make sure your website continues to appear in the results, let alone in the top 10 rankings. I’m here to help, whether it’s a question about optimizing your website or simply finding something using a search engine.”
Bill Hartzer’s Accomplishments
During the past several years, some of my many accomplishments include (not necessarily in order of importance):
Bill Hartzer’s Clients
Over the years, I have worked with clients that range in size from small startups to small and medium sized businesses, to Fortune 500 companies. Some have hired me to perform complex Search Engine Optimization Audits of their websites, while some have hired me to perform monthly search engine optimization services, on retainer. Other clients I have worked with through the interactive marketing agencies I have worked for in the past and work with currently.
The following is a partial list of clients that I have worked with in the past or currently work with:
WallyKidd.com Real Estate
The Motley Fool
Omni Hotels and Resorts
At Home (formerly Garden Ridge)
Sally Beauty Supply
Jefferson Dental Clinics
Jackson’s Home and Garden
Wedding Paper Divas
Palm Harbor Homes
Home Carpet One
Cookies By Design
Dr. Shapiro’s Hair Institute
Global Data Vault
Rydges Hotels & Resorts
Allie Beth Allman & Associates
DFW Real Estate Group
Domain Name Studies and Research
In 2014, I performed ground-breaking research related to the search industry and the New gTLD domain names. I wanted to know if these new Generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) domain name endings, such as .diamonds, .attorney, and .luxury, provided an significant improvement or ROI over the traditional .com, .net, and .org domain names. The results of these search engine marketing studies proved, time and time again, that using a keyword rich New gTLD domain name (a Not Com domain name) provides better ROI. For example, the following is part of one of my studies:
“Back in May 2014, we found that domains of new extensions were converting at about 34 percent, and .COMs were converting at about 52 percent. It cost more to advertise using a .COM than a new domain extension. However, over a year and a half later, that has all changed. New domain extensions are converting at about the same rate–but .COM domains are converting now at a record low, of nearly 20 percent. It still costs more to advertise using a .COM domain name than using a new domain extension. Here are some quick stats from our updated research:
Results: Average CPC
3Carat.Diamonds: $.77 Sept. 2015 vs $.69 in Jan 2015 vs. $.77 in May 2014
3CaratDiamonds.com: $.83 Sept 2015 vs $.82 (vs. $.81 in May 2014)
23% Conversion Rate on .COM, 35% on .Diamonds in September 2015.
Previously, January 2015: 31.76% Conversion Rate on .COM, 29.11% on .Diamonds
Previously, May 2014: 52% Conversion Rate on .COM, 36% on .Diamonds”
Search Marketing Study: How New gTLDs are Beating .COM https://globerunner.com/search-marketing-study-how-new-gtlds-are-beating-com/
SEO Consulting Services
I provide search engine optimization, social media marketing, and online reputation management services, as well. I also provide research and marketing of white papers and case studies related to the New gTLDs, as well as consulting related to moving from one domain name to another. Companies are moving their websites from a .com domain name to a new gTLD domain name with a keyword ending that describes their business or industry. Moving from a website to a new address can be complex, involving many moving parts and potential issues. I have performed hundreds of website moves over the 20+ years in the industry, and has been assisting companies move their websites from a .com domain name to a New gTLD domain name since the New gTLDs were launched (around 2013).
Testimonials and Reviews
Experienced Website Promotion and SEO Consultants
Bill Hartzer, CEO of Hartzer Consulting, a practicing SEO (Search Engine Optimization) SEO Consultant since 1996, can help you identify your goals:
- Where your ideal customers are?
- What are the demographics of your ideal customers?
- Are they browsing the web on a mobile device or on their laptop (or desktop computer?)
- When are your ideal customers browsing the web? On weekdays? Weekends?
- Where are your ideal customers browsing from? From Work? From home in the evening?
- How do you qualify them, even before they come to your website?
Using SEO best practices and the latest website promotion techniques, Hartzer Consulting can help you identify your ideal customers–and where they hang out online. And what those customers are searching for when they are looking to do business with you.
Ongoing Monthly SEO Services and SEO Consulting
While Hartzer Consulting specializes in technical SEO audits of websites, we also provide SEO consulting services, on a retainer basis. We always prefer to begin all new projects with a technical SEO audit to find out the issues that need to be addressed. Contact us today to find out more about our monthly SEO services and how we can help you reach the goals for your website.
Bill Hartzer, as a website promotion and SEO Consultant–and CEO of Hartzer Consulting, has been actively driving traffic to websites since 1996, even before search engines like Google entered the picture. Using SEO Best Practices and his technical know-how, I have been using website content creation and SEO techniques to get the “free traffic” from the search engines and from other websites. By making sure that your website is optimized properly for the search engines, search engine optimization can mean a big boost to your bottom line: you may be able to reduce your overall monthly Pay Per Click (PPC) spend.
If you would like to talk to me directly about promoting your business online or driving more leads to your company’s website, feel free to contact me:
Contact Bill Hartzer:
Email: Bill [at] BillHartzer.com
Mobile: (214) 236-4378
The best way to reach me is by email, or using the form below.