This is only one Search Engine Optimization tip out of several SEO tips I have been providing over the years. All of my search engine optimization tips are supposed to be specific, they should not acquire a lot time to implement, and are supposed to be directly to the point. This SEO tip has to do with looking back at your web site statistics and looking at your website’s history to see which content is best. Just like a hot air balloon, you have to put more hot air into it. Acquire more content (the warmest air you can find) and add it to expand your web site’s overall number of pages.
Not following together with my Search Engine Optimization recommendations? You might want to take a look at my recap of search engine optimization tips I have here. There are a great deal more search engine optimization tips coming sooner or later. Of, if you’re looking for someone to help you with monthly SEO services, feel free to get in touch with me.
With regards to including much more content on your website, let’s first keep in mind that we don’t have to actually reinvent the wheel. Hopefully, by now, your web site has been up and running for quite some time. Take a look back at your web site statistics and take a look at its history.
Take a take a look at the past year or even the previous few years (if you have that amount of statistical information) and try to determine which pages and which content on your site has received the most page views. Look so see which articles, which particular products, or which topics have been more popular. I would bet that you will find a few pages on your site which have inherently done better over time.
How you can discover your best content?
The best way to discover your best website content, like I’ve mentioned, is to look at your internet stats. In the situation with the photograph I’ve provided below, there appears to become a big spike in search engine visitors around the month of August in one particular year, 2008.
So, the method to find your best website content would be to look much more into detail of what was happening in August 2008. Take a look at the most popular web pages in August 2008. Maybe it was one web page on your web site. Maybe you had been adding more content to your website on a daily basis. Maybe you wrote a lot of blog posts. In any case, figure out “what worked” and expand on it.
What if you don’t have content in the form of articles on your website? What if you sell products?
Certainly if you are an ecommerce business and sell products (or services) you will find couple of things you are able to do. Take a look at the historical past of your website (via your web stats) to see which products or services have been more profitable over time. Take a look at the number of page views. There might be one or two products that stand out from the rest: make sure that you’re making the best of it. If the “red widget” has much more page views and traffic, figure out why. Then, in the event the “red widget” isn’t selling as well as you would expect, then determine why: is it the price? is it the picture of the item? Maybe you will find issues you can fix in order to make more sales?
An additional option would be to expand on your best goods or services: if there’s a demand for the item or service and you have traffic to that web page on your website, then wouldn’t it make sense to buy another domain name (e.g., redwidgets.com) and produce a separate website about that item? If the “widgets” are popular, then wouldn’t it make sense to make a brand new web site that sells the red, blue, green and aqua colored widgets?
Also, consider expanding the content around your hottest products or your most popular services. Create web pages about that product or service. Take additional pictures or add a photo gallery on the website about that product. Write or hire a writer to write content articles or reviews about the item. Post individual articles on your personal web site and think about writing more articles about the product and having individuals unique content articles posted on your business trade sites or other sites that would accept the content articles.
I could go on and on with much more suggestions about how you can expand on your present website content. The possibilities are almost endless. But, the most important hint right here would be to remember to look at what has worked well in the past. Do not reinvent the wheel. If something merely “works” and brings in the most visitors to your site, then add much more content around that topic or around that product or service.
Expanding Your Website’s Content Beyond Articles: Strategies for E-Commerce
For e-commerce businesses, the notion of content often extends beyond traditional articles. When you’re primarily in the business of selling products or services, maximizing the potential of your website requires a slightly different approach. Let’s explore how to effectively expand your website’s content and make the most of your offerings, even when articles aren’t the primary content format.
1. Analyze Your Historical Performance:
- Product Profitability: Start by examining the history of your website through web statistics. Focus on the products or services that have proven to be the most profitable over time. Consider factors like sales, revenue, and popularity.
- Page Views: Pay attention to the number of page views for each product or service. You might find that certain products or services stand out in terms of visitor interest. These are your potential content focal points.
2. Optimize Your High-Performing Products:
- Dive Deeper: If a particular product, say, the “red widget,” garners significantly more traffic and page views than others, delve into why. It could be due to pricing, imagery, descriptions, or other factors. Identify what’s working well and why.
- Address Shortcomings: If your high-traffic product, like the “red widget,” isn’t selling as expected, investigate the reasons. Is it the price point, the product presentation, or other aspects that need improvement? Make necessary adjustments to enhance sales.
3. Consider Expanding Your Offerings:
- New Domains: If there’s a high demand for a particular product or service and you’re receiving substantial traffic for it, consider creating a separate website for that item. This dedicated domain can focus solely on that product’s marketing, promotion, and sales.
- Product Variety: If you find that widgets, for example, are highly popular, contemplate diversifying your product range. Introduce red, blue, green, and aqua colored widgets to cater to a broader audience.
4. Expand Content Around Top Products:
- Product-Centric Pages: Create individual web pages dedicated to your most popular products or services. These pages should provide comprehensive information, including detailed descriptions, specifications, and pricing.
- Visual Appeal: Enhance the visual appeal of these product pages. Incorporate multiple images, photo galleries, and videos if applicable. High-quality visuals can significantly impact a visitor’s decision to purchase.
- Content Creation: Craft engaging content around your top products. This could include in-depth product reviews, how-to guides, user testimonials, and more. Consider hiring a professional writer if needed.
- Diverse Posting: Distribute these articles on your website and explore opportunities to post them on relevant industry sites, trade publications, or other platforms to expand your reach.
Expanding your website’s content is a dynamic process. While articles are essential for informative and engaging content, e-commerce sites can thrive by focusing on their best-performing products, optimizing their presentation, and embracing variety. Remember that the most important strategy is to build upon what’s already working. By doing so, you can maximize your website’s impact and achieve long-term success.
We Help You Discover Your Best Content
While Hartzer Consulting specializes in technical SEO audits of websites, we also provide SEO consulting services, on a retainer basis. We always prefer to begin all new projects with a technical SEO audit to find out the issues that need to be addressed. Contact us today to find out more about our monthly SEO services and how we can help you reach the goals for your website. We can help you discover your best content, what has been working for you in the past and help you expand on that content. Part of the tough part is figuring what works for you and your business. What is causing people to call you and request services? What is working to bring in more leads? What’s NOT working? Let’s discover your best content, build on it, and even create new, related content and take your business to the next level.